The U.S. Embassy’s Public Affairs Section has set aside funds for the Alumni Small Grants Program specifically designated for use by past participants of U.S. Government (USG)-sponsored exchange programs. The Alumni Small Grants Program allows our alumni to take their ideas on how to give back to their home community, or Serbian society more generally, and make those a reality. These projects will allow alumni to showcase their leadership and organizational skills, their creativity and innovative approaches to solving problems, and their ability to network and work with allies to achieve their goals.
The following list represents the project themes that will receive preferential treatment during the Alumni Small Grants Program committee’s review of submitted proposals:
- Rule of law, legal reform, and transparency in government.
- Combat corruption, in the workplace, in education, in the delivery of healthcare, in the legal system, in government offices, etc.
- Combating brain drain, promoting entrepreneurship, developing Serbia’s market economy
- Countering violent extremism and radicalism in Serbia and the region.
- Promoting gender equality and women empowerment.
- Promoting tolerance of and equality for vulnerable populations, including the disabled, ethnic and religious minorities, the LGBT community, etc.
- Conflict resolution efforts, within Serbia and within the region
- Capacity-building efforts focused on the strengthening of civil society organizations, the media, and educational institutions.
- Promotion of media literacy and critical thinking
In order to submit your application please read detailed instructions available in Alumni Notice of Funding Opportunity FY2019. All additional forms and documents are listed below and in the section on the right hand side of this page.
- Application form 2019
- SF424 – Instructions
- SF424 – Organizations – Application for Federal Assistance
- SF424A – Budget Information
- SF424B – Assurances for Non-Construction Programs
- SF424 – Individuals – Application for Federal Assistance
- SF424 – Individual Instructions
Applications, inquiries and all other questions should be sent to BelgradeAlumni@state.gov
Deadline for Applications:
- Round 1: 03/31/2019
- Round 2: 04/30/2019
- Round 3: 06/15/2019