Location: Stari Dvor/Parliament, Belgrade, Serbia
Event: A celebration for the Serbian water polo team is expected to take place on July 30, 2018 beginning at 8:15pm. The celebration will take place in front of the Stari Dvor near the Serbian Parliament building. In the past, similar events have drawn between 5,000 – 10,000 people, which will adversely affect traffic in the area.
Even events intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. You should avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- U.S. Embassy Belgrade, Serbia
- +381 (11) 706-4000
- +381 (11) 706-4000 (emergency after hours)
- State Department — Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Serbia Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.