Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Event: Two potential demonstrations against the government are expected today, May 9, 2020. A walking protest is expected to start at 5:00 p.m. from the Presidency building going to the Parliament building and the Government building. A driving protest through the city is expected to take place from 7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. The sizes of the potential protests are unknown, but traffic disruption may be possible.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Serbia.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19 (or similar symptoms) or were exposed to someone who may have COVID-19 in the last six weeks.