Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Event: There will be a union protest tomorrow, Wednesday, May 1, 2019, from 12:00PM, starting near Nikola Pasic Square and marching to Slavija Square. The protesters are demanding that the government raise the minimum wage. Expect traffic disruptions near the protests.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
· U.S. Embassy Belgrade, Serbia
- +381 (11) 706-4000
- +381 (11) 706-4000 (emergency after hours)
- State Department — Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444