Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Event: There will be an LGBT Pride Walk on Saturday, June 23, 2018, starting at 11:00 am. The walk will start at Pionirski Park and proceed to Trg Nikole Pasica, Terazije, Kolarceva, Vasina, and Studentski Trg. Last year’s event included several dozen participants and was incident free. There is no indication that this event will generate any violence. However, the streets along the route will be blocked and traffic congestion is expected.
U.S. Embassy personnel are advised to remain cognizant of the Pride Walk route and to exercise caution when in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations, and remain alert throughout Belgrade on Saturday.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- U.S. Embassy Belgrade, Serbia
+381 (11) 706-4000
+381 (11) 706-4000 (emergency after hours)
- State Department — Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Serbia Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates.
* Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.