Embassy Belgrade Visa Application Procedures for Diplomats and other Government Officials
- Most official and diplomatic visa applicants are not required to appear for an interview with a consular officer and are exempt from fees and fingerprint collection.
- The Embassy only accepts A-1, A-2, and C-3 diplomatic and official visa applications that have been processed through the MFA Sector for Consular Affairs Passport and Overflights Section.
- Official and diplomatic visa applications with required documents for official travel to the United States on behalf of the Serbian government may be dropped off and picked up by the applicant or a designated MFA courier at the Consular Section at Bulevar Kneza Aleksandra Karadordevica 92, 11040, Belgrade, Monday through Friday from 14:00 to 15:00.
- All other arrangements for the pick up or drop off of applications are approved by appointment only. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time. Only those authorized by the Consular Section will be allowed entry.
- G-1, G-2, and G-3 visa applications must be accompanied by a Note Verbale from the applicant’s national government. G-4 visa applications must be accompanied by an official request from the appropriate international organization. Applications can be dropped off and picked up by the applicant or a designated courier from the applicant’s organization at the Consular Section at Bulevar Kneza Aleksandra Karadordevica 92, 11040, Belgrade, Monday through Friday from 1400 to 1500.
- Processing time is normally 5-7 business days after submission of the application. However, processing times may vary and there is no guarantee that the visa will be ready within this time frame.
- We urge travelers to apply as early as possible and not make firm travel arrangements (e.g. purchase plane tickets, make non-refundable hotel reservations) before receiving a valid visa.
- Holders of diplomatic or official passports traveling to the United States for non-official purposes, as well as A-3, G-5 and – NATO-7 applicants, should email email@example.com for application instructions.
- The Embassy will return visa applications that do not meet established criteria for diplomatic and official visa processing.