American Corners are partnerships between the Public Affairs sections of U.S. Embassies and local host institutions—typically libraries, cultural centers and universities. There are over 400 American Corners around the world that provide welcoming environments where visitors can connect and learn about the United States through books and magazines, Internet access, and engaging in-person and virtual programs.
The eight American Corners throughout Serbia help promote open dialogue and build understanding between the people of the United States and the people of Serbia by offering:
- Workshops on a range of topics from career skills to English language learning
- Educational advising for those who want to study in the U.S.
- Classes and clubs introducing new technologies and creative digital skills
- Films, discussions, and lectures on entrepreneurship, leadership, international affairs, and much more
- Educational advising and exam preparations for those who want to study in the U.S.
- Meetings with U.S. specialists from different fields, USG alumni, and American diplomats
Membership is free and open to all. E-Readers (Kindles) can be checked out! To check the monthly calendar of activities, please visit: http://www.americancorners.rs. For more information, contact your nearest Corner. There are currently eight American Corners in Serbia: