The U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation [deadline: November 25, 2021]
The U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation (AFCP) supports the preservation of cultural sites, cultural objects, and forms of traditional cultural expression in more than 100 developing countries around the world. AFCP-supported projects include the restoration of ancient and historic buildings, assessment and conservation of rare manuscripts and museum collections, preservation and protection of important archaeological sites, and the documentation of vanishing traditional craft techniques and indigenous languages. Cultural heritage endures as a reminder of the contributions and historical experiences of humanity. By taking a leading role in efforts to preserve cultural heritage, the U.S. shows its respect for other cultures. We are currently not accepting applications for this program.
Democracy Commission Small Grants Program [deadline: May 31, 2021]
The purpose of the Democracy Commission Small Grants Program is to award grants for specific projects that support democracy and the development of democratic institutions in the Republic of Serbia. Grants will be primarily awarded to non-governmental (NGOs) and other non-profit organizations with projects in the regions outside of Belgrade. The maximum amount of a grant is $50,000, but smaller grants are preferred in order to support more projects. To be eligible for consideration, every applicant must be registered in the territory of the Republic of Serbia and engaged in, or propose to carry out, a project whose purpose is to further the development of democratic institutions in Serbia, especially in local municipalities.
Alumni Small Grants Program [currently not receiving applications]
The Alumni Small Grants Program, apportioned for alumni of U.S. Government exchange programs, is intended to promote alumni leadership and networking, as well as facilitate cooperation with the U.S. Embassy Belgrade in strategic fields for the future of Serbia: environmental awareness, strengthening the rule of law, promoting economic development, countering violent extremism and promotion of media literacy and critical thinking. The application period for this program is now open. For more information please read Alumni Small Grants Notice of Funding Opportunity 2021.
Annual Program Statement [currently not receiving applications]
Public Diplomacy Small Grants issued through our Annual Program Statement (for Fiscal Year or FY 2021) aim to strengthen ties between American and Serbian citizens as we work together to make progress toward our shared goals. Toward that end, PAS welcomes ideas for creative, engaging projects aimed at Serbian audiences that address the Embassy’s main objectives. The U.S. is striving to strengthen the Serbian-U.S. relationship and explain U.S. culture, society and values to Serbian audiences. We also want to lend assistance to the Serbian people through: promoting economic development; strengthening democracy; protecting human rights; advancing regional stability and cooperation; and making progress towards accession into the European Union. If you are looking for ideas, this year we are particularly interested in applications that focus on: 1) Fighting Brain Drain; 2) Equal Opportunity for People with Disabilities; 3) Human Rights; 4) Serbian-American Ties; 5) Regional Cooperation / Finding Joint Solutions to Common Problems; and 6) Education. For more information, please go to: https://rs.usembassy.gov/annual-program-statement-for-fiscal-year-2021/
Program Support for Media Small Grants Competition [currently not receiving applications]
The Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Embassy in Belgrade announces an open competition for organizations to submit applications to provide program support for Media Small Grants Program. The grantee would receive the full amount of the award (through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Embassy) and would issue sub-grants in line with this year’s Program Themes. For more information, please go to Program Support for Media Small Grants Competition (FY2021)
English Language Program Grants [currently not receiving applications]
The U.S. Embassy’s Public Affairs Section (PAS) has set aside funds for English Language Small Grants designated to help the citizens of Serbia strengthen their system of education, support persons with disabilities, promote entrepreneurship and economic development, increase civic engagement, promote regional cooperation and stability, strengthen connections between citizens of Serbia and the U.S., and make progress toward Serbia’s accession into the European Union. Grant projects take any number of forms, including English language camps, academic competitions, cross-border exchanges, exhibits, app development, performances, conferences, workshops, courses, hackathons, online projects, or other activities. For more information please visit: English Language Programs Funding Opportunity 2021.
University Partnership Program [currently not receiving applications]
The U.S. Embassy’s Public Affairs Section (PAS) has set aside funds to strengthen or establish academic partnerships between Serbian and American institutions of higher learning. For more information about this Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO), please go to our University Partnership page.
Current and previous opportunities
- U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation 2022 Call for Proposals - (November 1, 2021)
- Democracy Commission Small Grants Funding Opportunity 2021 - (March 30, 2021)
- University Partnership Funding Opportunity 2021 - (March 24, 2021)
- Annual Program Statement for Fiscal Year (FY) 2021 - (March 22, 2021)
- Alumni Small Grants Funding Opportunity 2021 - (March 19, 2021)
- Program Support for Media Small Grants Competition (FY2021) - (March 17, 2021)
- English Language Programs Funding Opportunity 2021 - (March 2, 2021)
- U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation 2021 Call for Proposals - (October 15, 2020)
- University Partnership Funding Opportunity 2020 - (June 13, 2020)
- Media Training & Development Funding Opportunity 2020 - (May 19, 2020)
- Alumni Small Grants Funding Opportunity 2020 - (May 16, 2020)
- Annual Program Statement For Fiscal Year 2020 - (May 16, 2020)
- English Language Programs Funding Opportunity 2020 - (April 26, 2020)
- Democracy Commission Small Grants Funding Opportunity 2020 - (April 25, 2020)
- U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation 2020 Call for Proposals - (November 5, 2019)
- Small Grants Program Funding 2019 - (April 8, 2019)
- Media Small Grants Funding 2019 - (April 1, 2019)
- Alumni Small Grants Notice of Funding Opportunity 2019 - (February 6, 2019)
- U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation 2019 Call for Proposals - (October 26, 2018)
- Speakers Program Call for Proposal - (April 17, 2018)