The U.S. Embassy in Belgrade occasionally sends messages for U.S. citizens via SMS text message. All messages for U.S. citizens are also disseminated via email and posted on the embassy website. SMS text messages sent by the embassy come from “USEMB.” Our SMS system requires that your mobile telephone number be shared with a third-party provider. We will not share your name or any other personal information with the third-party provider.
Although we have taken precautions in selection the third-party provider, we cannot guarantee that your mobile phone number will not be subject to unauthorized use or disclosure by the third-party provider. U.S. citizens with a mobile phone number from another country may incur usage charges.
U.S. citizens who would like to unsubscribe from the SMS message service should send an email to BelgradeACS@state.gov and include their name and mobile phone number.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Serbia Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Serbia, located at Bulevar kneza Aleksandra Karadordevica 92, at +381 (11) 706-4000, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is also +381 (11) 706-4000.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.