Security Notice for All Embassy Visitors
All visitors must be screened prior to entering the U.S. Embassy, Belgrade and are subject to inspection via walk-through metal detector and/or a hand-held metal detector. All personal items will undergo full inspection by use of x-ray and other detection equipment. Any visitor who declines to be screened by U.S. Embassy security personnel will be prohibited from entering the Embassy grounds.
Prohibited Items (Items Not to Bring to the Embassy)
The following items are prohibited inside the U.S. Embassy and should be left at home or in your vehicle:
- Backpacks, bags, luggage, or large purses;
- Food and beverages;
- Fire-lighting equipment (e.g. matches, lighters);
- Weapons of any kind, including pepper spray;
- Knives and tools, including any sharp or bladed objects;
- Any oils, aerosols or pump sprays, liquids, lotions and powders;
- Electronic or recording equipment of any kind, including, but not limited to:
- Laptop computers
- Mobile phones
- MP3 or CD players
- Keyless remotes
- E-readers such as iPads or Kindles
- Thumb drives
- Helmets of any type
This list is not all-inclusive. The U.S. Embassy reserves the right to prohibit the entry of any items.
- Small bags to carry necessary documents
- ID/Passport and relevant documents
- Wallet/small purse
- Newspaper/books in printed form only (e.g. no Kindles, iPads or other e-readers).
- Writing materials
- Car/ house keys
Only persons with an appointment for a consular service will be allowed entry. Friends and relatives, except for those listed below, are not permitted to accompany applicants inside the embassy. The following persons may accompany an applicant for consular services:
- Parent or guardian escorting a child under 18 years of age
- Assistant of a person with a disability
Please also read additional security notice for consular entry.