Application Deadline: APRIL 5, 2021
The Embassy of the United States of America in Serbia is pleased to announce the Fulbright Graduate Study Program competition for the 2022-2023 academic year. The Fulbright Graduate Study Program enables young professionals from Serbia to study for one year or longer at U.S. universities to pursue a Master’s level of study in the following fields:
Agriculture, American History, American Literature, American Studies, Anthropology, Archaeology, Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Communications, Computer Science, Economics, Education, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Geography, Geology, Information Sciences, Journalism / Media, Studies, Law, Library Science, Linguistics, Mathematics , Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, TEFL/Applied Linguistics.
Participants are selected through an open, merit-based competition. This prestigious award covers tuition and fees at a U.S. university, a monthly living stipend, health insurance, and international airfare.
- Applicants must be citizens of the Republic of Serbia. Permanent U.S. residents and persons with dual (Serbian and U.S.) citizenship are ineligible.
- Applicants must be proficient in oral and written English (Selected candidates will take TOEFL and GRE tests during the selection process).
- Applicants must be eligible for a J-1 visa, which requires the grantee to return to the Republic of Serbia for a minimum of two years at the end of the grant period.
- Applicants must have completed undergraduate education at the time of application.
- Applicants already studying in the U.S. are ineligible for a Fulbright grant.
- Applicants must receive a satisfactory medical clearance.
- Persons desiring permanent residence in the United States are not eligible.
General Selection Criteria
- Strong academic record
- Adaptability and personal suitability
- Applicants should be representative and responsible citizens who contribute to a full and fair picture of the culture and civilization of Serbia.
- Preference is given to applicants who have not had a prior opportunity for studying in the United States.
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, and sex.
- Applications are subject to pre-screening.
- Applicants recommended by reviewers are invited for an interview conducted in person in English by a selection committee comprised of Embassy representatives, U.S. and Serbian scholars, and Fulbright alumni.
- Nominees are subject to final approval by the Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board.
How to apply
Completed applications must include:
- Online application at: https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2022 (instructions for completing the application can be found here);
- Three (3) Letters of Reference (can be submitted online by instructors, professors or work supervisors, or sent via e-mail to the U.S. Embassy);
- Academic transcripts/diplomas (certified translation into English or verified copies of original academic transcript and degree certificate – scanned and attached to the application);
- Valid results from the U.S. standardized tests – TOEFL (required for all candidates) and GRE (required in most fields of study) – if the applicant has taken these tests in the past two years. Please note that we shall organize the taking of the required tests for the selected candidates; and
- Copy of passport.
Please scan all the above-mentioned documents and upload to your online application. Please note that all items should be translated into English.
Nominated candidates will have to submit a copy of the original academic transcript bearing all official legalization stamps to the U.S. Embassy Belgrade. The U.S. Embassy will advise the nominated candidates to submit a medical history and examination report if and when necessary.
Application Deadline: April 5, 2021
Prospective Fulbright participants should be aware that public health conditions, availability of consular services and travel, as well as U.S. institutional operating status and policies may affect their ability to travel to the U.S. and participate in academic programs.
Any application submitted to the United States or elsewhere, separate from the official system noted above, will not be considered.
For additional information about the Fulbright Scholarship: