Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Belgrade, Serbia (March 10, 2020)
Event: There is an ongoing outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) first identified in Wuhan, China. The global public health threat posed by COVID-19 is high, with more than 100,000 reported cases worldwide.
On March 10 the Serbian Ministry of Health announced four confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Serbia. Visit the Serbian Ministry of Health COVID-19 website for updated information.
The government of Serbia has implemented enhanced screening at ports of entry to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Serbia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19 (or similar symptoms) or were exposed to someone who may have COVID-19 in the last six weeks.
- U.S. Embassy Belgrade, Serbia
+381 (11) 706-4000 (24 hours)
- State Department — Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Serbia Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook