Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Belgrade, Serbia (January 31, 2020)
Event: There is an ongoing outbreak of pneumonia first identified in Wuhan, China, caused by a novel (new) coronavirus.
U.S. government personnel are advised to avoid travel to China.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website, for the most up-to-date information regarding enhanced screening procedures.
- Check with the airlines regarding any flight cancellations and/or restrictions on flying.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Seek medical care right away if you feel sick or were exposed to someone who was in Wuhan in the last six weeks who has fever, cough, or difficulty breathing.
- U.S. Embassy Belgrade, Serbia
+381 (11) 706-4000 (24 hours)
- State Department — Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Serbia Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook