Event: On March 18, the Serbian Ministry of Health announced 83 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Serbia.
On March 14, the Department of State authorized the departure from any diplomatic or consular post in the world of U.S. personnel and family members who have been medically determined to be at higher risk of a poor outcome if exposed to COVID-19.
The government of Serbia has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for further travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. U.S. citizens who are considering returning to the United States are urged to work with their airlines to make travel arrangements while flights are still available. As of March 18, we understand that the Air Serbia flight direct from Belgrade to New York is still operating and has seats available. Visit the website of the Government of Serbia for additional information on these new measures.
Effective March 16, U.S. Embassy Belgrade has suspended routine consular services. Emergency American Citizens Services including emergency passport issuance continue to be available. Please visit our website for additional information.
Many travelers in Serbia have reported limited flight availability. If your travel has been disrupted, please contact your airline.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 3 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Serbia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Contact your health care provider if you believe you may have COVID-19.
- U.S. Embassy Belgrade, Serbia
Bulevar kneza Aleksandra Karadordevica 92
+381 (11) 706-4000 (24 hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- Serbia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter