Event: As of June 24, the Serbian Ministry of Health announced 13,235 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Serbia and 263 deaths. 7,784 people have been tested in the past 24 hours, with 143 confirmed cases among them. In total, there are an estimated 861 active cases.
There are currently no restrictions on entry to Serbia for foreigners or Serbian citizens. However, travelers should be prepared for restrictions to change with little or no advance notice. Visit the website of the Government of Serbia for additional information.
Following the recent increase in local COVID-19 cases, the following measures have been implemented by the Serbian Government:
The use of face masks is now required on public transportation.
- It is highly recommended that masks be worn indoors, especially in banks, post offices, shops, and public institutions.
- Visits to patients in hospitals are banned.
- Visits to elder-care homes are limited to 15 minutes.
- The recommended distance between people outdoors has been increased from 1 to 1.5 meters.
- Indoor establishments (public institutions, shops, offices, restaurants) are required to provide at least 3 square meters of space per person.
The Embassy is offering appointments for U.S. passports, Consular Reports of Birth Abroad, and notarial services. Please check our website regularly for information about how to schedule an appointment. Customers will be required to bring and wear a mask while at the Embassy, arrive on-time for their appointments, and be completely prepared for their appointment, including having all required forms filled out in advance.
U.S. citizens are encouraged to enroll in our Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts, and check our Embassy COVID-19 webpage for updated information as it is released.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Warning for COVID-19 advising travelers to avoid non-essential travel.
U.S. Department of State recommended actions:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Serbia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restriction to the U.S.
- Seek medical care right away if you believe you may have COVID-19 (or similar symptoms) or were exposed to someone who may have COVID-19 in the last six weeks.
- Embassy Belgrade, Serbia
- +381 (11) 706-4000 (24 hours)
- Embassy website
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Serbia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter