U.S. Embassy Belgrade advises U.S. citizens in Serbia of the risk of increased crime, including residential break-ins, during the holiday season. Terrorism also remains a concern across Europe, particularly during the holiday period, and we encourage you to review the Europe Travel Alert.
Beware of holiday or charity scams. The Belgrade City Sanitation Company warns residents that individuals impersonating its employees are asking for donations or selling cards for what they claim is charity. The impostors wear uniforms similar to those worn by real sanitation workers.
If something looks suspicious in your neighborhood report it to the police by dialing 192.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Serbia Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Serbia, located at Bulevar kneza Aleksandra Karadordevica 92, at +381 (11) 706-4000, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The after-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is also +381 (11) 706-4000.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.