Applications deadline for this program was June 16, 2018. We are currently not accepting application.
The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in Belgrade is pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications from citizens of Serbia for participation in the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program for the academic year 2019-2020.
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program is a U.S. Department of State Fulbright program that brings accomplished mid-level professionals to the U.S. for 10-months of combined academic (NON-DEGREE) and professional work. The program provides a basis for lasting ties between citizens of Serbia and their professional counterparts in the United States.
The Humphrey Fellowship is granted competitively to public and private sector candidates with strong leadership potential and a commitment to public service in the following fields:
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Economic Development/Finance and Banking
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
- Urban and Regional Planning
Democratic Institution Building
- Law and Human Rights
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- Technology Policy and Management
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Higher Education Administration
Serbian citizenship, permanent employment in Serbia, university degree, and English proficiency.
In addition to the pre-academic language training traditionally available, the Humphrey Program offers a Long-Term English (LTE) language training opportunity to facilitate participation of candidates who lack the necessary language skills. LTE participants will travel to the U.S for intensive 20-25 week language training to improve language skills before transitioning to their academic-year Humphrey program university campuses. Candidates for LTE typically have TOEFL scores in the 440-500 range (paper-based test) or 42-61 (internet-based test).
Candidates should be mid-career professionals in leadership positions who have the required experience, skills and commitment to public service, as well as the potential for professional advancement.
Applicants must have a minimum of five years of full-time professional experience (prior to August 2019) in the relevant field, after completing a university degree, and should be interested in the policy aspects of their fields of specialization.
- Recent university graduates, university teachers or academic researchers with no management responsibilities;
- Individuals who have attended a graduate school in the U.S. for more than one academic year during the seven years prior to August 2019;
- Individuals with U.S. in-country experience of any kind lasting more than six months during the five years prior to August 2019;
- Local employees of the U.S. Mission in Serbia who work for the U.S. Department of State, and members of their families;
- Individuals with dual U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent resident status.
The Humphrey Fellowship stipend is budgeted only for the grantee. The award does not include additional allowances for dependents. Candidates who are planning to have dependents join them during all or part of their fellowship year in the U.S. should bear in mind the high cost of living, and must receive prior approval following a technical review of evidence that they have adequate personal funds to cover living expenses and dependents’ health insurance and child care.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 16, 2017
Interested candidates should apply online at: https://iie.embark.com/apply/humphreyfellowship2019
copy of passport (bio data); evidence of employment in Serbia (letter from employer confirming employment, and certified translation if the letter is in Serbian); certified transcript(s) and university diploma(s); curriculum vitae; and TOEFL scores (if available).
Additional documents must be mailed to the following address by June 16, 2018:
U.S. Embassy Belgrade
Public Affairs Section
Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
Bulevar kneza Aleksandra Karadjordjevica 92
Following a technical review, qualified candidates will be invited for an interview in June, 2018. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates who pass the interview will be registered for the TOEFL exam. The final selection and placement will be made in February 2019, in Washington, DC.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE HUMPHREY FELLOWSHIP
The Humphrey Fellowship program is administered by the Institute of International Education – www.iie.org. For more information on the Humphrey Fellowship program see www.humphreyfellowship.org, or contact Embassy Belgrade’s Public Affairs Section email@example.com, Tel: 011/706-4263.