The United States Embassy in Belgrade announces an open competition for organizations to submit applications to carry out programs to support media development.
The purpose of the program is to award grants for specific projects that support media freedom, media diversity, and the development of professional media organizations in the Republic of Serbia. To be eligible for consideration, every applicant must be registered in the territory of the Republic of Serbia and engaged in, or propose to carry out, a project whose purpose is to further the development of media and an informed public in Serbia. Applicants are only allowed to submit one proposal per organization.
Preferred Project Themes:
- Media Freedom / Role of the Free Press in Democratic Societies
- Investigative Journalism
- Supporting Pluralistic Voices and Media Diversity
- Technology and the News: Impact of Digitization
- Effective Media Management
- Media Literacy
Application and submission Information
Required Application forms are available for download on the right hand side of this page. Please follow all instructions provided in this document carefully. Proposals that do not meet the requirements of this announcement or fail to comply with the stated requirements will be ineligible. Applications are due no later than April 30, 2019. All application materials must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project proposals that meet the basic criteria outlined above will be considered for funding through the Media Training and Development Program. Project proposals are evaluated based on the theme of the project, the formulation of clear goals and target groups, project sustainability, and the ability of the applying individual or organization to carry out the project aims. Each application will be evaluated and rated on the basis of the evaluation criteria outlined below.
- Quality and Feasibility of the Program Idea: The program idea is well developed, with detail about how program activities will be carried out. The proposal includes a reasonable implementation timeline.
- Organizational Capacity and Record on Previous Grants: The organization has expertise in its stated field and has the internal controls in place to manage federal funds. This includes a financial management system and a bank account.
- Program Planning/Ability to Achieve Objectives: Goals and objectives are clearly stated and program approach is likely to provide maximum impact in achieving the proposed results.
- Budget: The budget justification is detailed. Costs are reasonable in relation to the proposed activities and anticipated results. The budget is realistic, accounting for all necessary expenses to achieve proposed activities.
- Monitoring and evaluation plan: The applicant demonstrates it is able to measure program success against key indicators and provides milestones to indicate progress toward goals outlined in the proposal.
- Sustainability: Program activities will continue to have a positive impact that last even after the end of the program