Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Police report there will be a protest in front of the Belgrade University School of Philosophy tomorrow, December 8, 2018 at 6:00pm. The protest is in response to an attack on a local opposition politician. Police expect a large number of protesters, and that the protest will likely disrupt traffic in the downtown area.
We remind all U.S. citizens in Serbia that even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. You should avoid demonstrations if possible and always exercise caution in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- U.S. Embassy Belgrade, Serbia
+381 (11) 706-4000
+381 (11) 706-4000 (emergency after hours)
- State Department — Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Serbia Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook