Security Alert – U. S. Embassy Belgrade, Serbia
September 16, 2022
Location and Events: EuroPride Parade (from Parliament to the Constitutional Court and then to Tasmajdan Stadium,17:30) and EuroPride Concert (Tasmajdan Park, 19:30)
In recent years, the Belgrade Pride parade has taken place without incident. However, as of September 16, it remains unclear whether the Serbian government will allow and secure the EuroPride parade scheduled to take place on September 17. The Ministry of Interior disapproved the first proposed route for the parade, and the organizers have proposed a new route.
If the Serbian government disapproves the EuroPride parade, the U.S. Embassy regretfully recommends that U.S. citizens avoid the area of the planned parade because of the potential for unruly crowds, violence, as well as possible fines. As with any large public events, it is important for U.S. citizens to remain vigilant and take precautions.
Actions to Take:
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- If you see a disturbance or unruly crowd, move away from the activity.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists.
- Avoid counter-demonstrations.
- Please consider this detailed security advice from EuroPride: https://europride2022.com/tourist/safety
For U.S. Citizen Assistance:
- Embassy Belgrade, Serbia
- +381 (11) 706-4000 (24 hours)
- Embassy website
- Department of State – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Serbia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebookand Twitter
Announced Belgrade Road Closures from 4:00 Friday Thru Midnight Saturday
Primary Proposed EuroPride Gathering Locations:
Alternate Proposed EuroPride Gathering Locations:
Locations of Churches Where Anti-EuroPride Groups Plan to Gather: