Location: Belgrade, Serbia
There will be a pro-government protest on Friday, April 19, 2019 from 3:00PM to 9:00PM in front of the Parliament building (Trg Nikole Pašića 13). The organizers have announced they expect 100,000 protesters. Expect traffic congestion throughout the city.
There will be an opposition protest on Saturday, April 20, 2019 from 6:00PM to 10:00PM marching from Terazije Fountain through downtown to the RTS building. This protest is affiliated with the weekly Saturday protests downtown that have drawn thousands of protesters. Expect traffic congestion near the protests.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- U.S. Embassy Belgrade, Serbia
+381 (11) 706-4000
+381 (11) 706-4000 (emergency after hours)
- State Department — Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Serbia Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook