Last updated: 10/2022
The CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
Entry and Exit Requirements
- Are there COVID-related entry requirements for U.S. citizens? No
- Starting May 3, 2022 the Government of Serbia removed all control measures and restrictions related to COVID-19 for entry into Serbia. https://www.srbija.gov.rs/
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? Yes
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in Serbia? Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available within 72 hours? Yes
- US. citizens can receive COVID-19 (PCR) tests at the locations below:
- The Torlak Institute , located at Vojvode Stepe 458 in Belgrade (phone: + 381-11-3953-700, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The cost for a PCR test is 9,000 dinars. Tests can be scheduled through the Government of Serbia’s eSchedule PCR Testing website (choose “Engleski” from the drop-down menu; select testing site by typing in “Torlak”). Once a test is scheduled, you will receive a system generated payment slip which can be paid at local banks and post offices. Take this payment receipt to your test. Test results are sent to you by email.
- The Belgrade City Institute for Public Health , located at Bulevar Despota Stefana 54a in Belgrade (phone: +381 11/2078-600, +381 11/2078-601, +381 11/3237-351.The cost for a PCR test is 9,000 dinars. Detailed information can be at Institute’s website . Tests can be scheduled through the Government of Serbia’s eSchedule PCR Testing website by choosing “Engleski” from the drop-down menu, and then by typing in “Beograd” and selecting ” Грaдски зaвoд зa jaвнo здрaвљe Бeoгрaд”). Once a test is scheduled, you will receive a system generated payment slip which can be paid at local banks and post offices. Take this payment receipt to your test. Test results are sent to you by email.
- U.S. citizens can receive COVID-19 (Antigen) tests at private health institutions throughout Serbia, including at many of those listed on our Medical Assistance webpage . Contact these institutions directly for more information.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Are vaccines available in Serbia for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- Which vaccines are available in Serbia? Pfizer-BioNTech, AstraZeneca, Sputnik V, and Sinopharm
- Those in Serbia interested in receiving a COVID-19 vaccine can express their interest at the Government of Serbia website gov.rs and clicking the green button marked “Pokreni uslugu” or “Покрени услугу.” The next page has a statement that the form is not a consent for the vaccination, but only expressing your interest. Please note that expressing your interest does not guarantee that you will ultimately be selected to receive a vaccine from the Serbian Government. Click the green button to submit a request. On the next page you will fill in your personal information, then answer questions about whether you are interested in receiving any vaccine or only a vaccine from a certain manufacturer, whether you have any underlying health conditions, and whether you are able to leave your residence.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccinesin the United States.