The U.S. Embassy in Belgrade is pleased to announce that we are now accepting project proposals for The U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation (AFCP).
- AFCP Small Grants Call for Proposals ($10,000 – $200,000)
- AFCP Large Grants Call for Proposals ($200,000 – $800,000)
The AFCP enables the U.S. Government to work with Serbia to preserve its unique cultural heritage.
Project proposals are due on December 1, 2019 and must strictly comply with the requirements and guidelines that can be found on the AFCP webpage.
Proposals may be submitted to preserve cultural heritage in the following areas:
- CULTURAL SITES: This might include (but is not limited to) historical buildings and sites, sacred places, monuments, and archaeological sites. Proposals in this category may involve, for example, restoration of an historic building, an archaeological survey as a component of a preservation plan, preservation management planning for a site, or documentation of sites in a region for preservation purposes.
- CULTURAL OBJECTS AND COLLECTIONS from a museum, cultural site, or similar institution. This includes archaeological and ethnographic objects, paintings, sculpture, manuscripts, photographic and film collections, and general museum conservation activities. Proposals in this category may involve, for example, conservation treatment for an object or collection of objects; needs assessment of a collection with respect to its condition and strategies for improving its state of conservation; inventory of a collection for conservation purposes; the creation of safe environments for storage or display of collections; or specialized training in the care and preservation of collections.
- FORMS OF TRADITIONAL CULTURAL EXPRESSION: This includes traditional music, rituals, knowledge, languages, dance, drama, and crafts. Proposal in this category may involve documenting and audiovisual recording of traditional music and dance forms as part of a traditional expression and making the information and recordings available, or support for training in preservation or traditional arts or crafts that are threatened by extinction.
For details and more information on how to apply please follow this link.