Updated March 29, 2022
- Effective December 6, 2021, adjusted COVID-19 testing requirements will apply for travel to the United States. All air passengers 2 years or older – regardless of citizenship and vaccination status – with a flight departing to the United States from a foreign country at or after 12:01am EST (5:01am GMT) on December 6, 2021, are required to show a negative COVID-19 viral test result taken no more than one day before travel, or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 in the past 90 days, before they board their flight. Please refer to the U.S. CDC website for further details and guidance on the new requirement: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html
- If you are overseas and your passport expired on or after January 1, 2020, you may be able to use your expired passport to return directly to the United States until June 30, 2022. Please see this Message for U.S. Citizens for more details.
- The American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit at U.S. Embassy Belgrade is open for passport, citizenship, and notarial services. Please check our appointment page frequently for available appointments.
- Effective March 29, 2022, the ACS Unit at the U.S. Embassy Belgrade has resumed its loss of nationality/citizenship renunciation services. To schedule an appointment please e-mail BelgradeACS@state.gov.
- In response to COVID-19, and in order to ensure the safety and security of our customers and staff, the following points will strictly apply to anyone with a confirmed ACS appointment:
- Arrive for your appointment 15 minutes early, to allow time for security screening. If you arrive late, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment for another day.
- Wear a mask. In response to COVID-19 all customers over the age of 2 must wear masks while at the Embassy. You are required to bring your own mask(s). If you do not have a mask, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment for another day.
- Come fully prepared for your interview. We must limit the number of customers in our waiting room due to social distancing requirements, so customers will not be allowed to fill out forms in our waiting room, as that would delay serving other customers. Therefore, if you are not fully prepared you will be asked to reschedule your appointment for another day.
- Plan to use public transportation or have someone drop you off, there is no parking for visitors at the Embassy.
The American Citizen Services Unit of the Consular Section assists U.S. citizens in Serbia. Among other things, the unit provides passport services, reports of births, notary services, and voting information. We also provide information to Americans visiting and residing in Serbia.
All of these services are available at the Consular Section by appointment only.
If you need immediate assistance for a life or death emergency involving an American citizen, please call +381-11-706-4000 during business hours, or to reach a duty officer outside of working hours.
For information regarding American Citizen Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call as +381-11-706-4000, 8:30 am to 12:00 noon and 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. If we are helping other customers, please leave a message and we will return your call.