General Information

If your child was born in Serbia, but one or both parents was a U.S. citizen at the time of the child’s birth, your child may be a U.S. citizen.  In order for your child to be registered as a U.S. citizen, you need to document your child by applying for a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) at the U.S. Embassy. A CRBA is not a birth certificate; it is an official record confirming that the child acquired U.S. citizenship at birth and serves as proof of his or her citizenship.