Security Notice for All Embassy Visitors
All visitors must be screened prior to entering the U.S. Embassy, Belgrade and are subject to inspection via walk-through metal detector and/or a hand-held metal detector. All personal items will undergo full inspection by use of x-ray and other detection equipment. Any visitor who declines to be screened by U.S. Embassy security personnel will be prohibited from entering the Embassy grounds. Please read the security notice for all Embassy visitors.
Additional Security Notice for Consular Entry
For safe and quick entrance to the Consular Section please follow these suggestions:
- Come 15 minutes before your interview, no earlier!
- Be aware that we cannot provide visitor parking. We suggest that you use alternative form of transportation whenever possible.
- Follow all Embassy security instructions
- Be prepared for security screening similar to an airport
- Do NOT bring the following items, which are forbidden in the Consular Section:
- Cell phones
- USB drives
- Other electronic devices
- Please don’t bring large bags, such as briefcases, backpacks or purses. Bringing bags will significantly slow down your entrance to the consulate.
- The less you bring with you, the faster you will get through security!
- Applicants younger than 14 are interview exempted. There is no need for children to come to the consulate. Consular officer will interview applicant’s parent, or parents.
Keep in mind that the scheduled time is not the time of your interview with the consular officer, but the time of the beginning of the procedure. Be prepared to spend a few hours in the consular section.
If your application is approved, you will receive a paper that explains the notification and passport pick up procedure. Passports are available for pick up 2-3 business days after the interview at the selected DHL location. If someone else scheduled your interview, the DHL location will be known to that person. Please respect other visa applicants and consular officer time and direct all additional passport pick up questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or directly to the DHL courier service http://www.dhl.rs/sr/contact_center/contact_express.html
We strongly encourage you to watch the informational video that explains the procedure in the consular waiting room https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Po8mWCkkLo