The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Belgrade is responsible for providing visa services to those seeking to enter the United States for a temporary period and for those wishing to take up indefinite or permanent residence in the United States.
Diplomats and Other Government Officials – A, G, NATO
Embassy Belgrade Visa Application Procedures for Diplomats and other Government Officials
- Most official and diplomatic visa applicants are not required to appear for an interview with a consular officer and are exempt from fees and fingerprint collection.
- The Embassy only accepts A-1, A-2, and C-3 diplomatic and official visa applications that have been processed through the MFA Sector for Consular Affairs Passport and Overflights Section.
- Official and diplomatic visa applications with required documents for official travel to the United States on behalf of the Serbian government may be dropped off and picked up by the applicant or a designated MFA courier at the Consular Section at Bulevar Kneza Aleksandra Karadordevica 92, 11040, Belgrade, Monday through Friday from 14:00 to 15:00.
- All other arrangements for the pick up or drop off of applications are approved by appointment only. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time. Only those authorized by the Consular Section will be allowed entry.
- G-1, G-2, and G-3 visa applications must be accompanied by a Note Verbale from the applicant’s national government. G-4 visa applications must be accompanied by an official request from the appropriate international organization. Applications can be dropped off and picked up by the applicant or a designated courier from the applicant’s organization at the Consular Section at Bulevar Kneza Aleksandra Karadordevica 92, 11040, Belgrade, Monday through Friday from 1400 to 1500.
- Processing time is normally 5-7 business days after submission of the application. However, processing times may vary and there is no guarantee that the visa will be ready within this time frame.
- We urge travelers to apply as early as possible and not make firm travel arrangements (e.g. purchase plane tickets, make non-refundable hotel reservations) before receiving a valid visa.
- Holders of diplomatic or official passports traveling to the United States for non-official purposes, as well as A-3, G-5 and – NATO-7 applicants, should email email@example.com for application instructions.
- The Embassy will return visa applications that do not meet established criteria for diplomatic and official visa processing.
- Valid Passport
- Diplomatic Note or Note Verbale from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Diplomatic Mission; official request from the appropriate international organization or sending government.
- One photograph, taken within the last 6 months. The photo should be 5 cm x 5 cm with a white background, showing the applicant’s full face, without glasses. Please refer to the Photograph Requirements for detailed guidance.
- DS-160 confirmation page (Application for a Nonimmigrant Visa)
- Additional documentary requirements may apply in some cases.
- For other questions or information about diplomatic and official visas, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For general information and visa application process visit the Official U.S. Department of State Visa Appointment Service website.
For specific questions about nonimmigrant visa cases after the visa interview email us at email@example.com.
Visiting the Consular Section
The embassy is located at Bulevar kneza Aleksandra Karađorđeviđa 92. Please use the entrance for consular services located on the boulevard side.
The Embassy building is approximately 6 kilometers (3.5 miles) away from the city center. Bus line 42 comes directly to the Embassy (Šolina stop), and many other buses stop within one kilometer. If you are arriving by car, please note there is no visitor parking at the Embassy, and street parking is limited.
Please check the date and time of your interview, arriving late may result in the cancellation of your appointment. On the day of your appointment, please plan to spend at least one hour at the Embassy.