The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Belgrade is responsible for providing visa services to those seeking to enter the United States for a temporary period and for those wishing to take up indefinite or permanent residence in the United States.
Diplomats and Other Government Officials – A, G, NATO
Embassy Belgrade Visa Application and Submission Procedures for Diplomats and other Government Officials
Application Submission Procedures:
– Submit official and diplomatic visa applications with required documents (see below) in person or by courier to the Consular Section at Bul. Kneza Aleksandra Karadovdevica 92, 11040, Belgrade, Monday through Friday from 1400 to 1500. See below for required application documents.
– Most official and diplomatic visa applicants are not required to appear for an interview with a consular officer and are exempt from fees and fingerprint collection.
– The applicant or a designated MFA courier may pick up their passport and/or visa at the Embassy or provide a pre-paid shipping envelope (e.g. DHL).
– Processing time is normally 3-5 business days after submission of the application. However, processing times may vary and there is no guarantee that the visa will be ready within this time frame.
– We urge travelers to apply as early as possible and not make firm travel arrangements (e.g. purchase plane tickets, make non-refundable hotel reservations) before receiving a valid visa.
– The Embassy will return visa applications that do not meet established criteria for diplomatic and official visa processing.
– Valid Passport
– Diplomatic Note or “Note Verbale” from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Diplomatic Mission; official request from the appropriate international organization or sending government. The note must include the following information with respect to the principal visa applicant:
- Name and date of birth;
- Position and title;
- Brief description of duties;
- Travel date;
- Passport type (i.e. regular, diplomatic, or official type);
- Anticipated length of stay or tour of duty in the United States; and
- The names, relationships, and dates of birth of any dependents and other members of household who will be accompanying or joining the principal.
– One recent ID photograph. Please refer to the Photograph Requirements at travel.state.gov for detailed guidance.
– DS-160 confirmation page (Apply For a Nonimmigrant Visa)
– Additional documentary requirements may apply in some cases.
– Holders of diplomatic or official passports who are accredited to Serbia from third countries and who are traveling to the United States for non-official purposes should email ConsBelgrade@state.gov for application instructions.
– In limited cases, Serbian government employees who are holders of diplomatic or official passports and who are traveling to the United States for non-official purposes may qualify for a diplomatic or official type business/tourist B visa. These applicants should send their applications through the MFA in accordance with the application submission procedures listed above. Please note that these cases require a personal appearance for fingerprint collection and may require an interview and a visa fee.
– For other questions or information about diplomatic and official visas, please contact ConsBelgrade@state.gov
For general information and visa application process visit the Official U.S. Department of State Visa Appointment Service website.
For specific questions about nonimmigrant visa cases after the visa interview email us at email@example.com.
Visiting the Consular Section
The embassy is located at Bulevar kneza Aleksandra Karađorđeviđa 92. Please use the entrance for consular services located on the boulevard side.
The Embassy building is approximately 6 kilometers (3.5 miles) away from the city center. Bus line 42 comes directly to the Embassy (Šolina stop), and many other buses stop within one kilometer. If you are arriving by car, please note there is no visitor parking at the Embassy, and street parking is limited.
Please check the date and time of your interview, arriving late may result in the cancellation of your appointment. On the day of your appointment, please plan to spend at least one hour at the Embassy.